Acadia Parish Residents: It is crucial that everyone who has been impacted by Hurricane Laura take this survey immediately. In order to determine if Acadia Parish qualifies for Federal Assistance with FEMA, we need to report any and all damages to Parish homes or businesses. You are not only helping yourself, but also your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to receive assistance from FEMA.
· All citizens can do Self-Report of Damages at the following link: https://bit.ly/3jtz094
Even though residents may be told our parish is not in the declared federal disaster area or the claim will be “denied,” our parish may still be approved. We must have these reports before our parish can be added to the current list of affected parishes.
· All citizens who were impacted by Hurricane Laura should register as they may be eligible for assistance from FEMA.
· Grants may help eligible survivors with financial assistance that include rent, home repair, home replacement and other disaster-related needs such as childcare, medical and dental expenses.
· Before you apply, contact your insurance company and file a claim for the disaster-caused damage.
· Take photographs or video of the damage and keep all receipts related to home repair.
· If you have uninsured or underinsured losses, contact FEMA online at www.disasterassistance.gov, download the FEMA app and register on your smartphone or tablet, or call 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585).
· After registering, create an account to check the status of your application, view messages from FEMA, update your personal information, and upload important documents.
· If you have any questions, you please contact the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585). For TTY call 800-462-7585. If you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), please call 800-621-3362.