If you were affected by Hurricane Delta and you live in Acadia, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jefferson Davis, and Vermilion Parish, you may be eligible for FEMA help.
Assistance provided by FEMA for homeowners and renters can include grants for needed rentals and repairs to make their primary homes habitable. It can also help other serious disaster-related needs like replacing essential household items, medical and dental expenses and funeral and burial costs.
First, if you have an insurance policy, you should file a claim.
If you have uninsured or underinsured losses, contact FEMA by either going online to disasterassistance.gov, downloading the FEMA app or by calling the helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585).
Information that you need to have when you register includes:
• Address of the damaged primary dwelling where the damage occurred;
• Current mailing address;
• Current telephone number;
• Insurance information;
• A description of disaster-caused damage and losses;
• Total household annual income;
• Routing and account number for checking or savings account so FEMA can directly transfer disaster assistance funds.