Because extreme weather conditions create high demand for electricity, Entergy and the company’s reliability coordinator, MISO, is asking all customers to voluntarily reduce electricity use until further notice, especially between 5pm and 10pm this evening.
The request for electric use reduction does not apply to elderly customers or those with special health concerns.
Some immediate ways residential customers can reduce electricity usage include:
- Lower the central thermostat to 68 degrees and adjust window units accordingly.
- Use energy-efficient ceiling fans and portable fans to circulate air to help with your comfort.
- Open blinds, drapes and curtains to let in warmth from the sun.
- Delay laundry, washing dishes, bathing and other non-essential uses of electricity until this appeal for conservation has ended.
- Wash clothes with cold water, cook foods at the lowest possible setting and refrain from opening the oven door while baking.
- Don’t allow warmed air to escape from the home.