Acadia Parish Police Jury President Chance Henry announced that he will not impose a mask mandate in Acadia Parish. The announcement comes following Governor Edwards’ revision to the statewide mask mandate where mask policies may be set by business owners and local leaders.
Under the Governor’s new public health order, masks will still be required for the following locations:
- Public transportation systems
- State government buildings that operate under the purview of the Governor
- K-12 schools
- Early childhood education centers
- Colleges and universities
- Healthcare facilities including hospitals and nursing homes