The same local people are still providing your integrated mosquito management program but now with even more resources. Only the name has changed: Mosquito Control Services, LLC. is now Vector Disease Control International! https://www.vdci.net/mosquito-control-and-management-services-for-vector-disease-prevention/
For a more comprehensive understanding about all we do, please visit: https://www.vdci.net/
For more information about scheduling an educational event please contact: Dinee’ Devillier 985-536-1220 or email@example.com
If you are interested in submitting a service request, call
your local office or visit this link: https://www.vdci.net/vdci-service-requests/
256 Industrial Drive
Rayne, LA 70578
Matthews Ledet – Manager
Mathilda Ledet – Administrative Asst.
Jefferson Parish La.
1000 Labarre Road
Metairie, La. 70001
Acadia Parish partners with VDCI (formerly Mosquito Control Services, llc,.) to provide a fully integrated pest management program for the control of disease vector and nuisance mosquitoes.
The program is designed to utilize scientific and environmentally sound technics of mosquito control. The primary objective of the program is to monitor and reduce mosquito populations through the use of specific, environmentally sound, control techniques in order to protect residents from the threat of mosquito-borne diseases.
Mosquito Control Services performs routine inspection/surveillance for mosquito larvae and adult mosquitoes; chemical, biological, and physical control of disease vector and nuisance mosquitoes, public education, efficacy testing, encephalitis surveillance and suppression services, as well as special event and disaster emergency services.
Citizens are encouraged to survey the area in which they live and take the following precautions:
- Empty containers that might be holding water weekly.
- Flush bird baths, wading pools, pet water bowls, and bromeliads weekly.
- Don’t over water potted plants and remove pans under flower pots to dump any unnecessary water.
- If you have a swimming pool, fountain, pond or water garden, make sure it has a pump that is operational and keeps water circulating. Stock ponds with minnows or other fish.
- Treat swimming pools with appropriate chemicals on a regular basis.
- Check roof gutters to make sure they are not clogged or holding water.
- Fill and grade low spots, indentations and tire tracks.
- Remove trash and spare parts from your yard and keep grass mowed.
- Keep boats, barbecue grills, etc. covered (make sure tarp is tight and doesn’t hold water) or drain regularly.
- Remove old tires from your yard by contacting your parish waste management program or bring them to the nearest trash drop off site for disposal.
- Fill tree holes and hollow stumps that hold water with sand or concrete.
- Residents are advised to take the following steps to protect themselves from mosquito bites: avoid being outdoors at dawn and dusk, wear long sleeves and long pants when outside, use insect repellant containing DEET according to label directions. All window and door screens should be bug tight.