Road Use Permits

Who needs a permit?

Any individual, partnership, firm, or corporation planning on traveling, transporting, or hauling by using vehicles and/or trailers over any parish maintained roadways, roadside ditches, and other parish rights of way for any purpose.

Is there a fee for the permit?

Yes, the permit fee is $100.00. All permit fees shall be payable by cash, check, or money order, and made payable to the Acadia Parish Police Jury.

Is a Surety Bond required?

Yes, it shall be in the amount of $25,000.00.  (Call Mary at 337-788-8861 for more information.)

Where do I get the permit?

Permits may be obtained at the Road Dept. at 1528  West 2nd Street  (Hwy. 90) in Crowley.  Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.  The phone number is 337-788-8861.